Washington, D.C. — Private development projects and large-scale land use programs can play an important role in creating new, healthy, and equitable Complete Streets. How can developers use healthy and Complete Streets design principles and public-private partnerships to achieve community goals? And what are the opportunities and challenges public and private partners face?
Join the National Complete Streets Coalition and co-hosts National Association of REALTORS and VHB to explore these questions and more. This webinar, Oct. 18, 2017, 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time, will also feature a panel of speakers from the District of Columbia Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED) and Hines-Urban Atlantic-Triden development partners, moderated by Georgetown University.
We’ll explain how developers use Complete Streets design principles to address housing and transportation issues to increase access to opportunities. The webinar will also feature lessons learned from a recent DC-based public-private partnership to redevelop the former Walter Reed Army Medical Center.
This is the eighth webinar in Implementation & Equity 201: The Path Forward to Complete Streets, a series of discussions designed to help professionals from a variety of disciplines put Complete Streets into action.
- Uwe Brandes, Faculty Director and Associate Professor of the Practice, Urban & Regional Planning at Georgetown University
- Mike Jelen, Vice President & Managing Director, VHB
- Adriann Murawski, State & Local Government Affairs Representative, National Association of REALTORS
- Malaika Abernathy, Walter Reed Project Manager, District of Columbia Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED)
- Randall Clarke, Walter Reed Local Redevelopment Authority Director, District of Columbia Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED)
- Katie Wiacek, Managing Director, Hines
- Caroline Kenney, Development Partner, Urban-Atlantic
Register for the webinar at https://cc.readytalk.com/registration/#/?meeting=5cwiz3p9e2c0&campaign=wefxss0p4jhb.